RSS

Tuesday 090630

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
Let's see how many people we can get in the gym to do this workout. I want all Omaha CrossFitters, members and non-members of the gym, to show up and pay your respects. If you can't make it in to a scheduled class time but would like to do the workout please call ahead and we'll accommodate you. I want the board filled up.

WOD
"Eric"
As many rounds in twenty minutes of:
6 Squat Clean Thrusters @ 155/103
12 Kettle Bell Swings @ 2/1.5 pood
18 Pushups

Percentage Range is 55 to 65%

Post completed rounds to comments.

















Eric Jarecki, 32, and a wonderful father of 3 (and one on the way), of La Vista, passed away this past Sunday while doing one of the things he loved most, fishing.

Eric had only been CrossFitting for a short time but his presence at the 6AM class was quickly felt. He always had a smile on his face and enjoyed working his butt off. A very strong man who least liked running workouts, was a very approachable individual who Joe and I really admired.

We extend our deepest thoughts and prayers to his wife, Cori, and their 3 beautiful children, Mia, 6, Ali, 20 months, and Josh, 8.

We also would like to honor Eric by bestowing upon him, the highest honor we CrossFitters can, a workout in his name. The above workout, appropriately named "Eric", will be put onto the benchmark board in the gym and become a staple in our programming.

Eric will not be forgotten.


edit post

32 Responses to "Tuesday 090630"

  1. Becky Says:
  2. I won't be able to make it in today 4:30...I'll know you'll do great.
  3. paul Says:
  4. I am so sorry to hear about Eric! I can barely believe it! There was a hard-working guy. We'll miss him at 6am. I will do this WOD tomorrow!
  5. BC Says:
  6. As a father of 3 kids myself I can't even imagine what his family is going through right now, it breaks your heart and our thoughts and prayers are with them all.

    As for the WOD, I did 4 rounds plus 14 pushups, just 4 short of 5 full rounds. Nice job morning crew.
  7. Jen S. Says:
  8. 5 rounds + 6 thrusters, but scaled! 77 on the thrusters and 1 for the swings. I did the 1st round with 1.5 and about fell over. Good group at 6!
  9. Tovar Says:
  10. To the family and friends of Eric and his cousin, Jason, I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. I didn't know Eric nor did I have the privelage of working out with him but it sounds like he was one hell of a guy. It just blows my mind that things like this can happen at any moment. It truly solidifies the fact that you have to live every day of your life like its your last. You have to embrace every day that God gives you and strive to live without regret.
  11. Chad Says:
  12. This is terrible. We were at the lake when this happened. The news spread pretty quick there. I didn't know Eric, but I feel for his family.
  13. BigD Says:
  14. Great job morning crew! Although I didn't know Eric well he kicked butt in the 6AM classes. I remember on some of the WODs with running parts seeing this big guy zoom past me and make me say "where the hell did he come from?" You will be missed Eric.
  15. ZachR Says:
  16. In memory of:

    "Eric"
    5 rounds Rx'd

    You will be missed, Eric. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.
  17. Kenny T Says:
  18. Thoughts and prayers to Eric and his family. Just tragic.

    4 rounds plus 1 thruster.
    scaled of course
  19. hannah eileen Says:
  20. Eric:
    4 rds + 4 thrusters. very scaled.

    My thoughts and best wishes go out to Eric and Jason's families. I went to high school with Jason. He was an amazing guy.
  21. Greg MO Says:
  22. I didnt kno Eric personaly but I had the pleasure of workin out with him evry morning, he was a hard worker and a great guy...with a daughter of my own I can only hope and pray that his loved ones and community step in to help his family thru this difficult time...Its fantastic how every1 showed up to honor Eric this morning and hopefully thru out the rest of today...We must continue to keep this family oriented support system that makes us 1 of the best Xfit affiliates in the world...

    "Eric"= 7 rnds + 1 thruster rxd

    You will be missed, RIP
  23. Danielle Says:
  24. OH this is so sad. I agree with Tovar, that each day is a gift and not a given. Live, laugh, and love!! My prayers are with his family and friends at this difficult time. God Bless
  25. Eric C Says:
  26. Sad news.... Unfortunately I/we tend to forget how lucky we are and can take life for granted. This is a reminder for me to live life and try to be the best person I can. I need to take care of my body and my mind so I can help serve others. I'm lucky that Crossfit will help me do just that.

    My prayers are with his family.

    Eric: 5 round + 16 pushups. (heavily scaled).
  27. Donohoe Says:
  28. Good job Nooners,
    I was fortunate to have the privilege to work out with Eric in the early mornings. He always had a smile and some encouraging things to say. I cant imagine that type of a loss happening to me. Someone in my family being taken away that suddenly., my thoughts and prayers are with his family.
    I heard something once that says yesterday is history tomorrow is the future today is a present so treat it like one. I think this is something I need to think of more, we all get so wrapped up in all the supposed important things. When at the end of the day they really do not mean squat.
    I did 5 rounds 2 thrusters scaled thrusters 115 I think.
    I think everyone should let those important people in our lives know they are important…
    Donohoe out
  29. Circo Says:
  30. I should take more time to post but with work and three kids it always seems to slip away from me..

    Eric worked for me since 1995. We were lucky to have him as part of our extended family. I personally liked Eric more than he ever knew. I always knew that he could deal with the shit I would give him and fire right back at me. He was smart...book and street. I enjoyed him when he was happy and he always cracked me up when he got pissed...regardless of the topic. We enjoyed nights out together when we traveled and we always talked about our families.

    I was so happy when he told me about his first day at CFO. We used to compare our times daily and give each other shit. I will miss him so very much.

    He was simply a great person on every level.

    We are doing everything to help Cori and the kids and we will make sure Eric is always with us. A Memorial Fund has been established and if you are interested in giving, please email me at circo@precisionind.com.

    Thanks to Ricky, Joe, and everyone today for developing and participating in "Eric". It is a perfect workout as he would always rather lift heavy weight than run.

    6rds + 2 thrusters
  31. Kelli Says:
  32. to you Eric...

    3 full rounds + 6 pushups. Used 77# and 1.5 pood kb swings until the 4th round.

    My thoughts are with Eric's family...
  33. Joe C Says:
  34. I only met Eric on a couple of occasions. But he seemed like a stand up guy.
    I wish the family of Eric strength through this trying time. Eric will be missed.
    This really hits home for me. The same day I was informed that 2 of my buddies have passed also. This should solidify to everyone to drop all the trivial sh*t in there life and enjoy every day. Tell pple you love them. You might not get a chance to make it up the next day.

    As for the WOD
    6rounds+ 4 SCT as RX'd
    Good job 4:30
  35. A Says:
  36. I am so sorry to hear of such a great loss. My thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends...
  37. Cari Says:
  38. Went to 6am today and it was great to see such a large group there to support Eric and his family. My thoughts and prayers are with them.

    Scaled to 63# thrusters, 1 pood swings and did 9 full pushups and then 9 w/ a purple band per round. 4 rounds even.
  39. Mel C Says:
  40. Geez Joe good job. Quit over acheiving. And Chris thanks for letting us know about the Memorial Fund. If you don't mind I will spread the word about the fund to non-crossfitters. Eric was a cousin of a friend of mine and I think he'd really get a lot of funds if I gave him the link. His family could use this at a time like this. I honestly do not know what I would do without my dad...or what my mom would do even though her kids are grown.

    I liked this work out, 4 rounds and 4 thrusters. I was trying to get the last two but my shoulders were shot. Good job 4:30!
  41. Paula Says:
  42. I LOVED this workout!!! 4 rds + 3 thrusters with 77# and 1.5pd. Awesome work 6:30!!!

    My thoughts and prayers are with family and friends.
  43. Anonymous Says:
  44. My thoughts and prayers are with Eric and his family. As others have said before, we should never take any day for granted or those we love. Tell those you love that you love them and make amends with those who you know you should. You may not get the chance again. I think this workout and the memorial are great ways to honor Eric and his family.

    Workout at 68# thrusters; did 4 rounds plus 5 pushups.

    Shelley
  45. Allison H :) Says:
  46. My heart goes out to the family and friends of Eric!

    May we all remember to live life to the fullest everyday because you never know what tomorrow brings!

    This workout was awesome! Did 3 rounds and 6 thurstaaa's! with 77 #s and 1 pood! The PUs were a killer after doing 100 yesterday!

    This workout made a lot of sweaty bodies 4:30! Strong work! Glad to see so many people today! :)
  47. Chad Says:
  48. This was a great workout. I scaled heavily because of a sprained wrist and pulled hamstring. I did 3 rounds and 3 thrusters.

    I've been thinking about Eric's family all day. I don't have any words. Its just bad.
  49. Gdawg Says:
  50. I'm really sorry i missed out on this. i think it's great that crossfit is honoring him with a benchmark...I can't wait to try it out, my heart goes out to eric's family and friends.

    megan
  51. Crystal Says:
  52. Thoughts & prayers to Eric's family. I never had the chance to meet him but from reading the comments & talking to Ricky he sounds like a really outstanding guy. Live each day to the fullest, love like you have never loved before, & never take for granted what you have in your life.

    This was a great WOD. Nice big 6:30 class.
    3 Rnds + 6 SCT (82#), 12 KB's, 6 PU's
  53. Michael Says:
  54. Great job 4:30!

    4 rounds @ 110# / 2pood
    +6 squat clean thrusters

    It felt good to get some practice on the cleans after Saturday's seminar... I know I have a ways to go, but I could feel the difference.

    The hardest part was the KB swings. Such a difference between 1.5 and 2 pood! My back was really tight afterward, so I had to ice it. :)
  55. Danielle Says:
  56. Did 4 rounds plus 6 SCT, 12 KB. Did 77# for SCT and 1 pood for swings.
  57. JFey Says:
  58. My thoughts and prayers are going out to Eric's loved ones.

    Great WOD! I did 4 rounds...literally ended my last push-up as Jon called time!!! #77 for SCT and 1 pood for swings. I thought the weight for the SCT's was going to be too tough, but I fought through it!
  59. Anonymous Says:
  60. 4 Rds + 6 SCT (53#) + 4 KB (1.5pd)
    D
  61. Nicole G Says:
  62. This work out was tough but I liked it!
    #77 for SCT and 1 pood for swings- finshed 3 rounds and thrusters. My thrusters were pretty sorry looking towards the end.

    What a great showing by the crossfitters for Eric.
  63. Anonymous Says:
  64. 7rds scaled heavy had only push ups left to do.

    I have known eric for a wile from working at precision and training at mid america, he was an all around real nice guy we would always bs about worknout and random stuff. He will most definitely be missed my thoughts and prayers are with his family.

Thanks For Visiting!